Business Intelligence Investment Analyst – Venture Capital!!
As a key member of the company’s strategic investment team, the Business Intelligence Investment Analyst is an unique opportunity to join one of the region’s premier venture capital firms and work alongside a highly innovative group of business entrepreneurs with over $10 billion in committed capital. Located at the firm’s Baltimore based US Headquarters, this position will offer a compensation range between $85,000 and $110,000 plus excellent benefits, career mobility, and an award-winning company culture. Candidates will have 3 to 7 years of professional experience in consulting or Big 4 public accounting with exposure to private equity or venture capital clients, corporate development experience, direct working experience in the capital investment fund, or direct investment banking industry.
Business Intelligence Investment Analyst Job Description
- Provide general support to Investment Team activities such as assisting in maintaining the fund's internal Salesforce database, internal and external sourced data collection/processing, managing data warehouse and visualizations tools, and assisting with investor data requests.
- Calculate performance on the firm's fund and specific investments
- Assist with developing datasets for various artificial intelligence and machine learning projects (data collection).
- Maintain the firm's data warehouse and data visualizations platform such as editing or creating new dataflows using MySQL, adjusting existing visualizations and working closely with Salesforce data.
- Creating Salesforce fields/records to host data for new processes and subsequently utilizing that data in the data warehouse.
- Generate reports to satisfy the quarterly needs of the investment team
- Utilize strong critical thinking and analysis skills to evaluate current internal processes as well as with portfolio companies.
- Work closely with the marketing team to provide data points for marketing collateral. Perform other ad-hoc projects, which may reflect the broader needs of the Firm such as fundraising, marketing and compliance
- Work with the investment team to develop new internal processes involving data storage, collection and utilization
- Managing relationships with technology vendors
- Collaborates with key stakeholders on implementation of strategic and business development needs
- Utilize advanced Excel skills including working heavily with datasets in Excel
Business Intelligence Investment Analyst Job Requirements
- 3 - 7 years of experience including internships within venture capital/private equity, investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, strategy consulting, public accounting, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, information systems, CS, accounting, mathematics or related fields
- Familiarity with relational databases and experience with basic SQL
- Programming experience in one or more languages preferred (python, VBA, Matlab, etc)
- Familiarity with CRM & Data Visualization solutions, Salesforce & DOMO/Power BI preferred
- Familiarity with ETL design and development