ACH Operations Team Lead
The ACH Operations Team Lead is responsible for the daily processing of ACH exceptions for the Bank’s Accounting Department, in accordance with NACHA rules and guidelines, as well as the department’s policies and procedures. Additionally, this position handles all settlements with the Federal Reserve Bank for three ACH processing windows. ACH Operations Team Lead will lead a team of three (3).
• Reconcile ACH files for clearing house advice report.
• Prepare AM and PM settlements between the Bank and the Federal Reserve Bank.
• Process daily ACH exceptions including verification and release of ACH payments to meet established cutoff times.
• Review ACH return transactions.
• Ensure exceptions are researched properly and processed in a timely manner, including stop payments, stops, and international ACH transactions.
• Work closely with Branch Operations department in processing ACH exceptions items on a case-to-case basis.
• Complete OFAC screening for international ACH transactions
• Coordinate with Financial Crimes Compliance unit regarding updates to OFAC screening methods utilized by the Bank.
• Process ACH stop payment and ACH swaps.
• Scan critical documents for record retention.
• Review originating files for accurate and timely posting
• Stay abreast of NACHA changes in financial services industry.
Skills/ Education / Experience:
• 4+ years of experience working with ACH settlement.
• High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor's preferred
• Detail oriented knowledge of ACH return codes and standard entry class codes.
• AAP certification a plus
• Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal + written).