Analyst, Structured Finance (NYC)
Our client is a well-established CRE debt shop that spans the US. They are currently seeking an experienced Analyst to join their Structured Finance team in NYC.
Ideally seeking at least 2+ years of experience handling commercial real estate debt involving structured, bridge and/or mezzanine finance.
The Analyst, Structured Finance will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of borrowers and guarantors
- Assisting underwriters in the completion of analytical spreadsheets and underwriting narratives in preparation for loan committee.
- Completing financial and credit reviews
- Interface with credit, portfolio, operations and product specialist personnel, as required, to facilitate the underwriting, closing, and transition of prospects to portfolio management
- Engage outside parties for collateral reviews, appraisals, background checks, and accounting due diligence, as necessary
- Perform on-site due diligence through property inspections
- Managing company loan files
- Tracking loan applications
- Gathering information for supply and demand analysis
- Reviewing all application documentation and property information
- Communicating with other departments in the coordination of underwriting, closing, and managing structured loans
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or a related discipline
Experience: Seeking experience in finance or related field; previous experience in real estate, risk/financial analysis, valuations, relationship management, workouts, capital markets and rehabilitation are a plus.