Asset Management Analyst - Bethesda
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a full-time Asset Management Analyst to join our team in the greater Bethesda, MD area!
This is an exciting opportunity for an up-and-coming Analyst who wants to gain experience in the Commercial Real Estate sector. The Asset Management Analyst will play a pivotal role in providing analytical support to the company’s Asset Managers.
The Analyst will provide support to Asset Managers responsible for the resolution of non-performing loans and REO assets. Additionally, the Analyst will perform credit analysis on pools of commercial mortgage-back securities, including agency debt. Specific duties will include:
- Excel modeling of the cash flows and valuations of properties across all commercial real estate asset classes, including multifamily, lodging, office, retail, and industrial.
- Perform market research, including comparable property and industry analysis, by using broker relationships, third party tools, and independent investigation.
- Perform property operating statement analysis and commercial lease review.
- Complete on-site property inspections across the United States.
- Assist in the management of REO assets by overseeing third party professionals such as property managers and leasing agents.
- Assist in the disposition of defaulted mortgages and REO properties through the review of broker opinions of value, offering materials, and working with asset managers to coordinate settlement.
- Monitor ongoing projects and performance indicators for REO properties, including capital improvements, tenant build-out work, and budgeting.
- Ensure that the company’s portfolio is following regulatory requirements and internal policies & procedures.
- Provide other analytical and technical support on both performing and distressed loans.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or economics.
- Highly developed analytical skills including the ability to work in complex spreadsheets and return models.
- Accurate, persuasive writing skills and oral presentation ability.
- Proficiency in analyzing property financial statements, and borrower financial statements.
- High integrity, the ability to communicate articulately and concisely, strong interpersonal and partnership skills, achievement drive, and intellectual curiosity.
- The successful candidate will possess strong time management skills and will thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- ARGUS Enterprise experience a plus.