Assistant Controller - Venture Capital Leader
Location : Baltimore, MD
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Due to significant company growth, the Assistant Controller position is an opportunity to join an industry leading global venture capital investment firm headquartered in the Baltimore area. As a key member of the company’s corporate accounting and back-office solutions team, the Assistant Controller will work across the organization and help lead the capital activity, financial reporting, and accounting functions. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates with public accounting and 4 or more years of professional experience and will offer a highly competitive compensation package including a base salary range between $100,000 and $125,000 plus a 15% annual bonus and excellent benefits. In addition to growth and market leadership, the company is known for providing an entrepreneurial atmosphere within a rewarding team culture.
Assistant Controller - Job Description
- Support Private Equity Fund Accounting reporting and review financial reports for investment funds prepared by Fund Accountants.
- Provide hands-on support with the preparation of financial reports for assigned investment funds including annual, semi-annual, and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required. Compile and review the balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes, cash flow, footnotes and additional schedules as required.
- Prepare and review calculations of and track capital call and distribution activity, ensuring the waterfall is in compliance with the partnership’s agreements.
- Prepare and review fund management fee schedules.
- Gather and assess investment deal documents; ensure documents are complete and current. Periodically reach out to portfolio companies to request financial updates and cap tables; ensure data is complete and current.
- Respond to questions from General and Limited Partners.
- Supervise and review work performed by junior members of the team.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual audit & tax processes. Manage from planning to delivery of audit report & K-1s.
- Prepare and review financial statements/quarterly reporting packages for the funds, including portfolio investment schedules, partner equity allocations, and analyzing complex investment transactions, ensuring compliance with GAAP and the respective partnership agreements.
• Oversee payment of vendor invoices and other wire payments.
• Oversee maintenance of investor information in third party software systems.
Assistant Controller - Job Requirements
- 4 or more years of professional experience including Private Equity Industry experience either through public accounting or direct fund accounting
- 2 or more years in a hands-on leadership role supervising the work of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA preferred. Big-4 experience with either audit or taxation in Venture Capital practice preferred.
- Experience with partnership accounting either at a PE firm or VC firm or at a company that provides outsourced accounting for such investment companies
- Strong attention to detail and experience with financial statement analysis
Required Qualifications :