Our client is a well-established commercial real estate finance company with a global presence. They are currently looking for a seasoned Compliance Manager to join their team in multiple potential locations – DC, Boston and Philadelphia.
Some job duties and requirements are:
- Audit Oversight: Own audit policy and provide oversight of the firm's audits including familiarity with requirements, education, coordination and collection of material and questionnaire(s), and responding to potential findings. Primary liaison with the various internal business units, Investors Auditors, and Internal Audit.
- Compliance: Direct the firm’s compliance efforts including oversight of the various business units in meeting Investor (Fannie, Freddie, FHA, and various other parties) requirements per contractual obligations and/or guide requirements. Also includes renewal and filings for state and local licenses, and any federal requirements (such as HMDA).
- Policies & procedures: Drive policies & procedures oversight including consistency across the firm, periodic evaluation & updating by the business units, and clearly defined roles and responsibilities. Own and manage corporate policies for AML, KYC, Fair Lending, Fraud, & Document Retention.
- Controls: Ensure adequacy of controls over operations including key areas presenting elevated operational risk. Among other items, this includes authorities are commensurate with activity (including signature authorities -coordinate with corporate legal as necessary). Develop and drive internal testing and validation of operations and controls as warranted.
- Corporate Insurance: Oversight of corporate insurance requirements and policies.
- Reporting: Provide periodic reporting to senior management documenting the firm’s Audit and Compliance efforts.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of lending operations including underwriting and loan servicing
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively and easily with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative skills and the ability to find solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritize projects and complete tasks on schedule with limited direction
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate or comparable work experience in related fields
- 10+ years of related experience in Commercial Mortgage Servicing and Asset Mgt.
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite, including Excel, Word and Power Point