The Client’s Student Information Systems team’s goal is to deliver a world-class user experience to our customers by leveraging the latest in user experience design and technology enhanced by Artificial Intelligence and Automation. Our team consists of highly driven, technically talented people who are passionate about developing new innovative solutions to drive key business strategies.
The Client Student Information Systems team is looking for a talented, highly motivated and hands on Banner developer to help drive a best in class user experience for our students. The developer will design and build enhancements to existing student information system (Ellucian Banner).
· Design & develop enterprise back-end database applications based on requirements and under the guidance of SMEs and Systems Architect
· Significant enhancements to existing items that require modernization
· Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities
· Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
· Prepare design and development documents.
· Performs analysis, development and maintenance of standards and metadata.
· Participates in meetings with various leads to understand requirements and build a robust design that meets the Walden standard SDLC requirements
· Perform query optimization, debugging and tuning to improve performance
· Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of code
· Develops and implements unit test cases.
· Participates in design reviews to ensure development adheres to standards & best practices
· Establishes and monitors data quality initiatives as determined by the program
· Interacts with customers, functional teams and development team to gather and define requirements and help build relational data models
· Collaborates in team environment and develop new solutions within a culture that embraces standard processes and delivery of high-quality solutions
· Support production operations as required
· Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software applications.
· Works closely with database and systems administration staff to maximize function and effectiveness of enterprise applications
· Identifies system inefficiencies and recommends effective solutions.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency with Banner Application development.
Proficiency with Ellucian Banner 9, Degree Works, Ethos Platform and BEP.
· Proficiency with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Pro*C.
· Familiarity with Ethos APIs and API Management
· Familiarity with AWS Platform
· Experience in ODS 9 is a plus
· Solution-oriented with problem solving ability.
· Results driven ensuring concept to completion with focus on time to value
· Collaborative and a team player leveraging relationships as a means to resolving blockers
· Self-motivated and driven to find the right solution based in incubation or scale
· Hands-on with interest in developing proof of concepts leading by example
· Strong communication skills