Business Analyst - Arlington
Veritas Partners has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Business Analyst to join our team in the greater Arlington, VA area. This position is REMOTE!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable financial services firm that provides a comprehensive service platform for investment portfolios.
· Collaborate with a team to implement new software solutions, including formal documentation, execution, testing, and issue resolution.
· Maintain and support current internally developed and external applications, including setup of accounts, communicating with users, troubleshooting, documentation and analysis of issues, coordinating resolution of issues, and implementation of upgrades and new requests.
· Partner with internal clients to identify and prioritize technical and functional needs and document system requirements.
· Communicate requirements, issues, tasks, and concepts with vendors and coworkers.
· Structure ambiguous problems, investigate obstacles, and analyze issues.
· Build solutions by writing SQL Server stored procedures, building SSRS reports, utilizing existing tools within our enterprise software suites, and researching new technologies and tools.
· Cultivate relationships with internal clients across departments, the IT team, vendors, and consultants.
· Learn and enhance our current tools, including our data warehouse, performance engine, and reporting system.
· Support transition from legacy systems to newly implemented systems, including the development of training materials.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or a related discipline.
· At least 3-5 years of work experience as a business analyst, application administrator, engineer, or consultant operating within a team through all lifecycles of a delivery.
· Certification from the IIBA, IQBBA, IREB or PMI preferred.
· Financial- related experience, projects or course work preferred.
· Proven ability to learn custom multifaceted technologies through work experience, personal projects or course work.
· Ability to collaborate with business units to gather and define application requirements for new and existing technology applications.
· Experience creating and executing test scripts/plans, tracking tasks and issues, and documenting processes for training.
· Intermediate SQL and/or VBA skills; ability to create stored procedures and table functions using Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
· Experience tracking projects using JIRA preferred.