Controller - Halethorpe
Full-service design/build construction company has a newly created Controller opportunity within their growing organization. As a Washington/Baltimore market leader with over two decades in operation, this is a unique opportunity to join an established commercial construction and serve as a key team member within an organization dedicated to providing best in class services. Located at the company’s headquarters in Baltimore county, the Controller position will offer a competitive compensation plan including base salary up to $130,000 and full benefits package.
Controller – Job Description
· Responsible for the oversight and completion of all company accounting processes including accounting operations, financial systems, staff operations, operational and financial controls, and financial reporting processes.
· Ensures that financial reporting is completed on deadline and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
· Maintains and administers accounting policies and procedures and oversees accounting department staff operations. Serves as direct supervisor of staff of 5 or more.
· Oversee the operations of the accounting department for that specific branch, for achieving the department's goals and objectives
· Performs analysis and provides guidance to CFO on accounts payable balances, weekly or monthly payment schedules, and a variety of vendor terms. Ensures that AP and vendor invoices are processed in accordance with company processes and in a timely manner.
· Works closely with CFO and AR/Collections staff on the preparation and analysis of AR reporting and complex client billing schedules. Ensures that accounts receivable are collected promptly and applied correctly.
· Oversees company payroll operations and ensures staff payroll is processed according to deadline and company approval processes.
· Responsible for the hands-on preparation of financial statement and corporate annual reports through working with company CFO.
· Performs financial analysis on company cost, operating metrics, company budget variances, financial results, capital investments, and client/project contracts and pricing decision making.
· Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing.
Controller – Job Requirements
· 10 or more years of progressive experience including leadership experience within medium size organization or division of a large corporation.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business-related field of study
· CPA preferred
· Construction or related industry experience required