Corporate Communications Director
Veritas Partners is currently searching for a Corporate Communications Director for a well-respected organization outside of Philadelphia.
The following statements are intended to describe the general responsibilities of this position
- Leads strategic and functional communications to external and internal audiences during transformational organizational change.
- Leadership of media relations function, including proactive story generation to promote excellence to local and regional media.
- Responsible for day-to-day guidance and organizational response for crisis communications, issues management and advancing/protecting reputation through earned media.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key media to coordinate coverage and to improve communication.
- Lead strategic internal (employee) communication strategy and execute using a variety of tools and channels that support internal stakeholders, increase employee engagement, and communicate with employees in a candid, timely and transparent manner. Oversee content generation and population of intranet sites, leadership communication channels, employee-focused publications and other internal tools and platforms.
- Lead executive communications with internal and external audiences, and act as liaison as needed with key stakeholder groups.
What will you need to be considered/successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a concentration in journalism, communications, public relations or a business-related field highly preferred;
- Advanced degree (Master’s) preferred or cumulative experience as practitioner.
- 4+ years’ experience creating and implementing comprehensive communications, media relations, and employee communications plans.
- Highly-effective written and verbal communication skills for communicating to various audiences – including press releases and speech writing
- Proven track record of providing proactive leadership of the communications function in a highly complex organization with broad community visibility.
- Experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups, including but not limited to public policy/government affairs staff and public figures.
- Experience and established relationships with media.