Location : Seven Valleys, PA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7-10
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This is a newly created Controller opportunity within a large privately corporation comprised of several company enterprises and known as a regional market leader within the construction and real estate develop sector. The Controller will join an executive team responsible for providing financial and accounting support to operating companies or organizations and will report directly to the CFO. Based out of the company’s corporate headquarters in York County, this position will offer a salary compensation range from $100,000 to $110,000 plus annual bonus and full benefits package. This is an unique opportunity for a dedicated and career driven professional to step into a Controller role and gain experience leading a $1B organization including multiple business entities. Candidates who meet the below interest and experience are encouraged to apply immediately.
Job Description – Assistant Controller
- Provide financial and accounting support to operating companies as directed by the CFO
- Serve as a hands-on leader with responsibilities for the preparation of financial reporting packages, budgeting, financial planning, internal controls, accounting, GAAP & IRS compliance.
- Work with enterprise company accounting and finance teams in support with the accounting system setup, monthly closing, basic accounting and payroll management, WIP, job cost review, and forecasting.
- Provide M&A due diligence support under the direction of the CFO as well as a lead integrator role with new acquisitions or partnerships.
- Perform financial analysis and financial statement consolidation reporting to executive team.
- Evacuate and provide assessment and development of internal controls as needed.
- Assist CAO & CFO with insurance and risk management analysis.
- Coach and guide controllers of respective companies where needed to improve operating efficiencies, establish S.O.P.’s, and build effective internal controls
- Conduct financial analysis of business projects including WIP, job costing, and related activities to ensure key financial metrics are achieved for respective companies
- Oversee maintenance and the completion of key financial schedules including Financial Reporting, Cash Management, and Treasury functions.
- Work with CFO on special assignments including financial dashboard metrics, M&A due diligence and integration, systems improvements, etc.
- Maintain and develop professional business relationships key partners including banking institutions, professional services firms (tax, audit), legal counsel, and primary shareholders.
- Oversee and monitor distribution of accounting and financial deliverables including preparation of consolidated financial reports, account balances, monthly close, WIP/Job Costing Reviews.
Job Requirements – Assistant Controller
- 7-10 plus years in accounting with preferable leadership roles in accounting, finance or related sectors.
- B.S. Accounting, Finance, or related field required. MBA or CPA helpful but not required.
- Experience working for a CPA firm in construction or related sectors is helpful experience.
- Construction or real estate related industry experience whether direct or through public client is preferred
- Management level experience
- System knowledge in construction software packages such as Viewpoint preferred, but not required.
- Acts with Integrity and builds trust, Collaborative Problem Solver, Takes Ownership, Results Oriented, Teacher/Coach, Adaptable & Flexible
Required Qualifications :