Corporate Tax Manager
Location : Essex County, NJ
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-7
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Tax Manager is a newly opened position within a publicly traded and leading financial institution with close to 100 years in business. Based out of the company’s headquarters in Essex County, New Jersey, the Tax Manager opportunity will offer a total compensation package up to the $185,000 range made up of a base salary to $150,000 plus competitive annual bonus and full benefits package. Ideal candidates will have a combination of public accounting and corporate tax experience including hands-on knowledge of tax provisions and fixed assets experience. This is an excellent opportunity for tax professionals with 5 to 7 plus years of experience to join a growing industry leader and get management level experience within a wide variety of corporate tax functions. The tax manager position will initially start with a hybrid home/office schedule however will require the ability to work in the company’s headquarters long term. Candidates who meet the below experience and criteria are encouraged to apply immediately.
Tax Manager - Job Description
- Oversee the reporting of various corporate tax related obligations to federal, state and local taxing authorities in a timely manner including their view of third-party prepared tax returns for completeness and accuracy, and review of quarterly tax provision on a standalone and consolidated basis.
- Manage quarterly and annual tax provision preparation.
- Review assumptions used and calculation of tax liability for all corporate entities on a consolidated and standalone basis.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax provision process.
- Manage staff of the tax team and review deliverables of the tax team, including reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and analyze impact to company and communicate the effects of these developments to executive management to facilitate the development of appropriate tax strategy.
- Manage tax team and respective business lines to implement tax strategy.
- Prepare and review tax planning projections for corporate estimated tax liability and annual effective tax rate.
- Conduct tax research and presents findings and conclusions to senior management regarding various tax matters and engage in consulting and special projects.
- Manage accounting for Fixed Assets and Construction in Process accounts, including the review of new fixed asset additions and disposals, and capitalization of building renovations, ensuring appropriate classification and adherence to the company's Fixed Assets Policy.
- Oversee accounting for leases to ensure compliance with accounting and tax guidelines.
- Facilitate the preparation of the company's consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns prepared by third party accounting firm and ensure their accuracy and timely filing.
- Review tax returns for completeness and accuracy, as well as other deliverables provided by third parties, such as estimate calculations and accounting method changes.
- Oversee the filing of the sales and use tax and personal property tax returns across various jurisdictions and coordinate related remittance payments.
- Provide support for accounting principles, including, but not limited to reviewing data processing general ledger accounts, assisting with Accounts Payable, assisting with year-end 1099 and W-2 reporting.
Tax Manager - Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 to 7 years of professional tax experience with ideally a mixture of public accounting and corporate tax experience.
- CPA or advanced degree in taxation preferred.
- Hands-on experience including direct experience with tax provisions and fixed assets experience.
- Industry experience within financial services or related sector preferred.
Required Qualifications :