Data Analytics Consultant
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Data Analytics Consultant to join our team in a REMOTE or in-office capacity! (Candidate’s choice). The role is part data analyst, part business analyst, part consultant, and part product manager. This role is a good fit for critical thinkers who like to serve as a hands-on liaison between business stakeholders, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
The Data Analytics Consultant will wear different hats depending on the nature and state of the project. The role involves requirements gathering from cross-functional stakeholders, application of critical thinking to ideate feasible solutions, hands on data analysis, and clear concise documentation of findings and recommendations. The role further involves heavy collaboration with the data engineering and analysis delivery team including facilitation of stakeholder engagement and user acceptance testing.
The Data Analytics Consultant professional must be an expert communicator, comfortable asking questions, persistent in getting answers, and skilled in assimilating information. Likewise, they are analytically minded and business oriented and can develop detailed business use-cases and technical requirements alike. The ideal candidate is a self-starter; driven, confident, collaborative, and seeks to continue building their data and analytics product delivery leadership skills and experience in a highly facilitative role.
While you will have support from team members who are specifically expert in data science, data engineering, platform solution architecture/engineering, and project management, you will be personally responsible for the end-to-end oversight and delivery of successful data and analytics initiatives including:
· Directly engage with stakeholders in structured conversations gaining insights to understand what their needs and opinions are.
· Enable and facilitate delivery partnerships with business stakeholders, engineers, analysts, operators, and others as needed to execute cross-functional initiatives.
· Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured data and analytics use cases.
· Ensure all initiatives are aligned with the strategic goals of the company and work is prioritized based on quarterly objectives.
· Create engaging, thoughtful and clear presentations and memos.
· Execute detailed due diligence and industry research to support methodology development and assessment of solution feasibility for data and analytics initiatives.
· Execute SQL queries and use other data and analysis tools, including basic AWS components (QuickSight, Athena/Redshift, etc.) to perform data/analytics due diligence.
· Advise and collaborate on project scoping and planning.
· Proactively engage in value-add relationships with business stakeholders and clients.
· Utilize an agile and iterative problem-solving approach to guide product roadmaps, product definitions, and innovative solutions with cross-functional teams.
· Be intellectually curious and collaborate in piloting new approaches to generate data and analytic value and alignment with business pain points.
· Ensure that company business stakeholders and clients derive value throughout their engagement with our team.
· Help elevate the insights, skills and careers of the team members around you.
● 2+ years data analytics and project leadership experience with a consulting firm, internal strategy/analytics group, or client-serving role; financial services experience preferred.
● Demonstrated data and analytics solution design and strong business consulting acumen in applying data and analytics to solve business issues.
● Strong communication skills with the ability to explain analytical and technical concepts, plans, and roadmaps to businesspeople including C-level executives.
● Strong capacity to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues.
● Strong data analysis skills; solid knowledge of math, statistics and/or probabilities
● Experience in leading a project with the ability to communicate requirements with the team members and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
● Experience with agile delivery methodologies and agile team tools such as Jira
● Experience with modern data and analytics technologies such as SQL, EMR, Spark, Hive, Athena, RDBMS, BI/Visualization tools, Lambda, S3, Glue, SageMaker, Redshift
● Master’s degree in Business Analytics or similar -or- 4 years in Wealth Management Data Domain; In lieu of these, bachelor's degree in math/science/other related field and 6 years' experience in Analytics and Data Science field
● Open to travel as much as 25% of time