Data Architect - Annapolis
Veritas Partners has an immediate opening for a full-time Data Architect to join our team in the Annapolis, MD area! This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-senior level Data Architect to make an immediate impact on a company dedicated to climate change solutions and renewable energy!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of mission-critical enterprise data solutions. You will work with cross-functional teams, participate in gathering and documenting data, integration, and development requirements to meet business needs.
Using your skills and experience as a data architect, you will design, develop, test, and implement database and ETL solutions to transmit, transform, and store data into data warehouse(s)/data mart(s), integrate disparate systems, web-based APIs, and other unparsed/semi-structured sources.
· Participate in business analysis activities to gather required data requirements.
· Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required data structures and relationships including data imports/exports, transformations, and associated processes.
· Manage and support production databases, data warehouses, and ETL processes including security, backups, and upgrades.
· Provide support as required to ensure the availability and operation of applications and ETL processes.
· Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are executed to policy.
· Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
· Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
· Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
· Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
· Provide training and assistance to users for using any developed systems or processes.
· Design and implement technology using best practices and guidelines such that implementations are efficient, manageable, understandable, reliable, and well documented.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field
· 5+ years’ experience designing and developing SQL Server (T-SQL) and Oracle databases
· 4+ years’ experience designing and developing data warehouses.
· 3+ years’ experience using modern data warehouse technologies (ex. Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
· 3+ years’ experience developing and deploying ETL solutions.
· 3+ years’ experience developing Python.
· 3+ years’ experience developing SSIS or with other ETL services (ex. Azure Data Factory, AWS Data Pipeline/Glue, Stitch, Talend, FiveTran, Matillion, etc.)
· Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
· Experience performance tuning for large complex data sets
· Experience working with version control systems (ex. Git)
· Experience working with structured and unstructured data sources.
· Familiarity with DevOps and Database Deployment Automation tools (ex. SSDT, etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) English language communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external, and customer teams.
· Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities required.
· Must be able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.