Data Engineering Product Manager
Due to rapid company growth and recent acquisitions, his is a newly created Data Engineering Product Manager opportunity within a publicly traded industry leading organization based outside of Baltimore at the company’s headquarters. Functioning in a hybrid Data Engineering and Technical Product Management capacity, this person will have the opportunity to oversee the data transition, transformation, and integration of recently acquired business units. Additionally, this position will work with data engineers to manage data migration processes, data taxonomy, develop data insights based on Consumer telemetry, establish data governance standards, drive continuous performance improvement, and help create new solutions. This opportunity will offer a competitive compensation package including a base range to $150,000, excellent benefits, career mobility, and to join a company culture dedicated to being an industry leader in data innovation and investment within their data management division.
Data Engineering Product Manager Job Description
· Oversee the data migration from all newly acquired businesses through consulting and collaborating with data engineers.
· Guide and create infrastructure, application, and service metrics for the newly acquired business operations and departments.
· Manage overall development of new BU data taxonomy. Create models and processes to improve capacity planning and resource utilization and establish metadata taxonomy and data governance standards.
· Provide analysis and insights through analyzing application and infrastructure performance data.
· Perform machine learning for enriching company products and digital content.
· Support in the development of data insights based on Consumer telemetry.
· Help build and maintain the emerging Corporate Data Lake platform including managing the integration of system data within Data Lake and Enterprise Data Warehouse environments, migrating legacy data components to future state environments, creating and maintaining a data broker layer for telemetry messages.
· Partner with Software Development teams and company technology leadership to ensure Data environments are in line with new business needs and objectives.
· Create products and processes that help mitigate potential outages or incidents in the new business unit.
· Provide technical guidance in creating continuous performance improvement by tracking operations and developing current process improvement, identifying new technologies for automation and digitalization, and creating a culture to foster the contribution of new ideas and new solutions to challenging business problems.
Data Engineering Product Manager Job Requirements
· 5 plus years of related BI experience including experience in data taxonomy, data migration, and data lake integration.
· Experience with Consumer telemetry preferred
· Machine learning and artificial intelligence experience preferred