Database Warehouse Architect
The Data Warehouse Architect will analyze business needs, and develop appropriate data deliverables, (i.e. data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and glossaries) to meet them.
The selected candidate will provide analytical and technical support for developing appropriate data deliverables, such as, data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and glossaries.
The Data Architect will analyze business needs, and develop appropriate data deliverables, such as, data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and glossaries to meet them. The Data Architect will also assist in issue resolution, in operationalizing data governance, in assessing, measuring and tracking data quality, and in creating and socializing data management artifacts, such as, SOP’s, standards and guidelines, control processes etc. This position will also assist in extending the scope of enterprise data warehouse and the analytics program.
- Create data models and xml schemas at all levels including conceptual, logical, and physical for both relational and dimensional solutions. Models will include objects, entities, attributes, their inter-relationships and dependencies in 3N and/or dimensional formats.
- Integrate disparate data models into coherent enterprise data models.
- Forward engineer physical models to create DDL scripts to implement new databases or database changes. Reverse engineer databases and synchronize data models with actual data implementations.
- Create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Identify and reconcile inconsistencies in data definitions, e.g., synonyms and homonyms.
- Work to identify master data (entities and attributes) and capture how data is interpreted by users in various parts of the organization.
- Broad understanding of Data Architecture and Data Management approaches and implementation methodologies
- Prior Experience with Microsoft Azure, as well as creating DataLakes
- Ability to work with business as well as IT stakeholders
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing large scale data models for functional, operational and analytical environments
- Demonstrated experience in Conceptual, Logical, Physical and Dimensional Modeling
- Hands-on experience with data modeling tools
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as Power BI, Tableau
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is valuable
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- 5+ years of experience as Data Modeler/Data Architect creating data models and working in Data Architecture and Data Management solutions.
- Finance experience is highly preferred