Director of Accounting and Policy – Publicly Traded Industry Leader
The Director of Accounting and Policy is a newly created opportunity to join an award winning publicly traded industry company recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. As a key member of the corporate controller’s organization, this individual will be responsible for providing technical accounting and reporting research and guidance for financial transactions, developing and monitoring compliance with the corporation’s accounting and reporting policies. This opportunity will be based out of the company’s corporate office based in the Washington DC area however will be initially remote may offer partial remote flexibility cost Covid. The Director of Accounting and Policy position will offer a highly including a base salary range of $180,000 to $215,000 plus annual bonus, equity stock plan, and excellent benefits. Candidates should have 12-15 years of progressive career experience including public accounting, extensive experience working with large publicly traded organizations, and a strong expertise with technical accounting and SEC financial reporting matters.
Job Description - Director of Accounting and Policy
· Responsible for providing technical accounting and reporting research and guidance for financial transactions, developing and monitoring compliance with the Corporation’s accounting and reporting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, analyzing proposed accounting standards, and assisting in the development the Corporation’s positions on emerging accounting and reporting matters.
· Responsible for managing and developing team members possessing a combination of strong leadership and technical skills and have a passion for being innovative and delivering exceptional ideas and service to our stakeholders.
· Performing research related to technical accounting and reporting matters and writing technical memorandums for transactions in such areas as revenue recognition under ASC 606, lease accounting under ASC 842, goodwill and intangible assets, purchase accounting, foreign currency, variable interest entities, derivatives and hedging, and other matters.
· Effecting interacting and coordinating with personnel in various corporate functional areas, business areas, and other internal and external personnel (including independent auditors) to support transactions and provide accounting and reporting guidance related to the Corporation’s accounting policies, Sarbanes-Oxley and relevant accounting literature.
· Monitoring, analyzing, and documenting developments (including new standards) from the FASB, SEC, and PCAOB that could impact the Corporation’s accounting policies, practices, and disclosures.
· Assisting with the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements.
· Responsible for oversight of purchase accounting, valuations and accounting analysis for business combinations
· Presenting positions related to financial transactions or developments (including new standards) from the FASB, SEC, and PCAOB to management.
· Updating the Corporation’s accounting policies for changes as a result of emerging matters or new standards issued by the FASB or SEC including updating policies for acquisitions.
· Oversight of the SEC reporting process including filing periodic reports on Forms 10-K/Q and annual Proxy statement disclosures.
· Performing ad hoc analyses associated with corporate governance matters.
Job Requirements - Director of Accounting and Policy
· 12-15 plus years of progressive career experience working with large publicly traded organizations.
· Big 4 Public Accounting experience with SEC client focus
· Strong understanding of technical accounting matters including SEC reporting and research and implementation of accounting policies standards according to U.S. GAAP, FASB, PCAOB, and U.S. SEC regulations
· Strong experience with revenue recognition and technical financial reporting including ASC 606 and ASC 842