Director of Development and Learning
An established financial services firm is experiencing growth & looking to hire an Organizational Development and Learning Leader in the DC Metro.
The Director of Development and Learning contributes to the creation and delivery of leadership development, organizational development, other development projects for this Financial Services firm. The Organizational Development Advisor will support our client's mission, vision, and values through the development and implementation of programs and practices that attract, train, and retain employees and leaders.
The right candidate will support the growth of a positive workplace culture which promotes engaged leadership and supports the professional and personal development of all employees to facilitate deep engagement and successful performance. The DD&L will be part of, and work to grow, a network of engaged and high-performing leaders who operate with courage and civility.
The Development and Learning Director will oversee a staff of two, with budget for three in 2021.
· Support organizational goals and mission by helping to design and facilitate timely and appropriate interventions and initiatives, including team and relationship-building, improving communication, and other solutions as required.
· Support department initiatives including program marketing, scheduling, curriculum development, planning, evaluation, and communication with participants
· Support and partner with the Human Resources team where appropriate to help design and execute individual and team solutions for workplace issues
· Assist in the development and implementation of leader and employee training programs including on-line, classroom-based, and blended learning
· Manage projects and programs based on a functional knowledge of project management skills and techniques.
· Use critical thinking and effective problem-solving skills to solve a range of organizational challenges related to organization development and learning.
· Demonstrate creativity and use effective problem-solving techniques that lead to the development and implementation of new approaches and methods at every opportunity.
· Foster an environment of continuous improvement, best practices, lessons learned, and quality outcomes.
· Demonstrate flexibility in response to competing demands, shifting priorities, and organizational constraints
· Measure and report on the impact of programs
· Use evaluation data on an on-going basis to revise and continuously improve programs
· Six (6) or more years of experience in organizational development
· Must have Financial Services Industry experience
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to write, design, and present training and communication materials with the purpose of educating employees, influencing action, or providing information to audiences that range from entry level employees to senior level executives
· Experience facilitating training sessions, team building, and/or related activities
· Ability to communicate with others and exchange information accurately and effectively
· Must possess a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of organizational development and adult learning.
**This role is Hybrid both now and long-term.