Director of Financial Reporting
The Director of Financial Reporting is a newly created opportunity to join an award winning global professional services organization based in Baltimore at the company’s headquarters. This role will focus on technical revenue recognition matters under GAAP and ASC 606 for software services as well as play a critical role with other accounting management functions such as accounting close, audit, SOX, contract review, and process improvement. Offering a competitive base compensation range to $140,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits, this is an excellent opportunity for candidates with direct Big 4 public accounting management experience to jump start their career. Company has been recognized as one of the top places to work in Baltimore market based on a work culture dedicated to employee development.
Director of Financial Reporting – Job Description
- Leading a direct team of three, play a proactive role in the management of the accounting close, audit, and SOX cycle.
- Support of the contract review process providing accounting expertise and analysis
- Guide improvements within the design, implementation and improvement of order to cash process; and communication of financial impact to revenue throughout the organization.
- Serve as critical leader in ensuring the accurate reporting of revenue and order-to-cash operations by providing accounting expertise, leadership, business insight and a strong desire to improve processes and controls.
- Provide primary support and direction for automated revenue recognition model
- Provide primary support and direction for manual revenue recognition model in Excel
- Manage the cash basis revenue process as part of monthly close process
- Apply ASC 606 Revenue Recognition principles to new sales transactions when assessing the revenue recognition treatment
- Track and understand the nuances in revenue recognition based on the various campaign offerings
- Coordinate and collaborate with FP&A on the Annual Budget and Monthly/Quarterly Revenue Forecasts
- Reconcile monthly revenue reports and prepare monthly revenue related journal entries
- Analyze and research revenue discrepancies, credits and loss contingencies
- Maintain and provide information for quarterly and year end audits and financial statement disclosures
Director of Financial Reporting – Job Requirements
- 6+ years of progressive experience with a concentration in revenue recognition
- Public Accounting experience and CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of technical revenue accounting principles including working knowledge of ASC 606 for software or business services subscriptions