Director of Software Engineering - Baltimore
Location : Baltimore, MD
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Director of Software Engineering to join our team in the greater Baltimore, MD area on a hybrid basis! This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of Application Developers, work on exciting products, and a cutting-edge SaaS platform!
- Lead a Linux based development team and monitor progress through entire SDLC to ensure on-time delivery of the products.
- Participate in product requirements: gathering, design and development of the product.
- Produce and review product specification documents.
- Provide code reviews, mentor, and coach engineers in effective and efficient coding techniques.
- Provide timely support to quality assurance team and serve as first point of contact for escalation of software bugs.
- Provide support to client services team during product implementation phase.
- Mentor and manage a team of developers.
- Communicate progress to stakeholders, functional owners, and internal team members.
- Work with DevOps team in the deployment of application code to public cloud infrastructure.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience in software product development.
- B.S. degree in a technical field (engineering, computer science.)
- Strong knowledge of Linux programming stacks.
- Strong programming skills in PHP or Java or similar.
- Expertise in MySQL/MariaDB databases.
- Strong knowledge of OOP techniques.
- Ability to perform defect root cause analysis and provide resolution.
- Open Door philosophy while in the office.
- Experience with AWS hosting (EC2, RDS, Aurora etc.), enterprise monitoring tools, Git and JIRA a PLUS.
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both open source licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
Required Qualifications :