Financial Analyst - Renewable Energy Investment
The Financial Analyst is a newly created opportunity within a fast-growing national renewable energy investment company and financier of sustainable infrastructure. This full-time position, based in Baltimore, engages the individual throughout the entire transaction execution process, including but not limited to project and credit underwriting, due diligence, modeling, and transaction closing. The Financial Analyst position will offer a competitive base salary of $80,000 to $85,000 plus 10% to 15% annual bonus and excellent benefits and work-life balance. Ideal candidates will have 2 plus years of experience within commercial lending or related finance sector with strong analytical skills and passion for finance and energy sustainability. This is an unique opportunity to join an extremely sharp group of industry leaders with a history of providing viable solutions that meet the intricate challenges of economic performance and operational excellence.
Financial Analyst – Job Description
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to drive a transaction execution process.
- Utilize strong financial analytical skills to support project and credit underwriting, due diligence, modeling, and transaction closing.
- Perform financial modeling on project and economical related matters
- Perform credit and project underwriting on potential deals and renewable energy projects
- Structure debt and equity transactions for a variety of energy efficiency projects up to $40M in scope.
- Analyze counterparty credit risk and produce internal credit ratings utilize various internal tools.
- Provide monthly reporting materials for private equity partnership such as liquidity trends, tax equity distributions, levered and unlevered equity returns, and sustainable impact of financed projects.
- Help evaluate and propose pricing for a variety of transaction structures
- Manage deal pipeline and incoming deal flow exceeding $1B
- Provide Creative approaches to problem solving using advanced math and analytical skills and provide valuable insights to management using effective oral and communication skills.
Financial Analyst – Job Requirements
- Minimum two years of experience as a financial analyst preferred, at a commercial bank or other related finance sector
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Affable personality and positive attitude, highly organized and self-accountable
- Ability to multi-task, strong math and analytical skills, effective oral and written communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work within a small high-performance team based out of the companies Baltimore office.