Fraud Officer - DC
A longtime credit union client is searching for a Fraud Officer. The Fraud Officer is responsible for ensuring the financial well-being of our client's members by protecting the safety and security of their assets. The position is responsible for investigating fraud and suspicious activity with regards to debit card, credit card, ACH Fraud, Loan, wire, digital banking, payments, and electronic services. It is also expected to detect potential fraud cases after reviewing trends and members account activities.
· Conduct research on fraud trends, prevention, and mitigation techniques for review and assessment.
· Performs initial review of complainant dispute(s) submission and works in partnership with team members to complete process.
· Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
· Review flagged transactions for indicators of fraud.
· Keeps abreast of system changes, new technologies, rules, and regulations as required by the CU’s third-party vendors and the EFT industry.
· Prepare monthly fraud loss write-offs for management.
· Demonstrates awareness of Credit Union operations including policies, procedures, services, and data processing system.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· Certified Fraud Examiner
· Prior experience in a high-volume support or transactional role in the fraud space.
· Demonstrated ability to identify details/patterns amid large quantities of data.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, SQL or other relational databases.
· Excellent organizational skills to maintain fraud and dispute case files.
· Excellent communication, listening and consulting skills needed for member interaction regarding their fraud and dispute cases.
· Bilingual verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish preferred.