HR Director -Richmond, VA
A growing client of ours is looking for a Human Resources Director east of Richmond.
The role of the HR Director is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Human Resources strategist and thought leader who will lead and grow progressive human capital strategies for an institution that has been committed to serving and strengthening Southeastern Virginia communities for over a century. The Director is instrumental in promoting a values-driven culture and developing comprehensive systems and processes that support the Bank's people strategies.
Reporting directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer and working collaboratively with leaders across the Bank, the HR Director will be a key driver in advancing their diversity and inclusion goals and objectives and will provide leadership and guidance in organizational design, talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, and professional development, and change management. This leader will play a critical role in achieving strategic goals of becoming a preferred employer of choice in Southeastern Virginia
• A Strategic Advisor. Serving as an approachable and dedicated strategic business advisor to the executive of each business unit, providing guidance and leadership on key organizational and management issues. As the head of the Human Resources Department, supporting the growth and development of the Human Resources team, which in turn ensures the bank’s larger employee base receives the highest level of internal customer service.
• A Steward of Programs. Defining and continuously ensuring organizational alignment around the Bank's human capital management strategies. Providing leadership and guidance on all areas of Human Resources by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation, and benefits.
• A Metric-Based Decision Maker. Utilizing technology, metrics, and analytics to proactively address and enhance employee performance, retention, and engagement. Taking a data driven approach to developing, implementing, and administering policies and procedures that attract, retain, and inspire top talent.
• A Champion of Culture. Recognizing and embracing the Bank's culture as a competitive advantage and taking a data-driven approach to ensuring our values are reflected at the core of our programs and our operating principles.
• An approachable leader dedicated to growing and mentoring leaders and teams; a strong influencer who has a proven track record of impacting change at all levels of the organization.
• An experienced senior leader who has at least five years of people operations/talent leadership experience, and a total of at least 15 years experience in Human Resources.
• A subject matter expert in all areas of Human Resources, with comprehensive knowledge of all Human Resources functions and experience with Human Resources systems.
• An exceptional and experienced strategic planner with a proven ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• A seasoned coach and mentor for direct reports, peers, and senior leaders on sound talent management practices; a track record of driving organizational results by coaching and mentoring.
• A strong, persuasive, and accurate communicator with expert written and verbal communication skills; a proven ability to articulate a clear and compelling vision and persuade others to implement it.
• A bachelor s degree in Human Resources, or a related field is required; a master's degree is preferred.
• A certification that demonstrates a continued pursuit of excellence in the field of Human Resources (PHR, SPHR, CP, SCP) is preferred.
• A background in financial services industry is preferred.