Veritas Partners has an immediate opening for an IT Architect to work in the greater Laurel, MD area! The successful IT Architect candidate will be responsible for managing the definition and development of new and existing systems and applications, integrations in support of the achievement of the company’s strategic business objectives.
The IT Architect’s role is to reach across different organizational and IT computing functional areas to drive common approaches and identify information assets and processes across the enterprise. This position reports to the VP, Information Technology Services (ITS).
Another incumbent role is to provide consultation to and contribute as part of the department’s project leadership, collaborating with management to set overall infrastructure strategy and make architecture decisions that impact existing standards and architecture. The IT Architect will act on behalf of the Vice President, Information Technology Services (ITS) in his/her absence for decisions regarding standards and architecture.
· In collaboration with the VP, ITS, this position is responsible for the overall design of IT systems. To fulfill this accountability, the incumbent reviews, analyzes and recommends development requirements for database applications and identifies and documents issues impacting the operating system environment. Serves as lead subject matter expert in all aspects of design and application development.
· In conjunction with the ITS Management team, assists in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation. Manages, translates, develops, and maintains software integrations and applications according to specifications. This includes maintaining external development relationships and code check.
· In collaboration with the Software Service Manager improves business processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the Business Integration Analysts through the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems and interfaces.
· Optimizes information management approaches through demonstrating understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities and effectively applying this knowledge to current and future development. Anticipates, prepares for and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operational systems across the organization.
· Initiates promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensures that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies. This includes the development of methodologies and standards for data research and retrieval ensuring a secure and effective operating environment.
· Involved in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the credit union.
· Participates in the development of scope and parameters of projects and systems analyses to define success criteria and IS requirements. Works in conjunction with database administrators, analysts, and software engineers in the deployment and performance analysis of new systems, as well as enhancements to existing systems.
· Conducts research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support efforts of various areas throughout the credit union to purchase appropriate applications.
· Coordinates the development of Disaster Recovery Plans and Strategy for the ITS Team to ensure that ITS strategies for backup and recovery are in line with best practices and business needs.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field with seven years relevant work experience. Without a degree at least 10 years directly applicable relevant leadership and work experience plus relevant technical certifications (i.e. IT Certified Architect, Certified Business Analysis Professional, etc.).
· Minimum five years effective experience related to the design of Enterprise IT architecture and implementing standard integration practices.
· Minimum three years hands-on experience integrating Hyland OnBase Enterprise Content Management (ECM) at the corporate level. Three years hands-on experience integrating systems and applications with Fiserv DNA core banking system.
· Five or more years proven supervisory or management experience.
· Must possess minimum seven years’ experience with network and infrastructure, data processing, information security, cloud and virtual environments and traditional software application management.
· Credit union or financial services experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.