IT Business Analyst - Baltimore
Veritas Partners has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Business Analyst to join our team and engage on critical efforts that are currently underway, or on our immediate project roadmap!
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Business Analyst who will be tasked with bringing mature business analysis discipline and focus to our environment, while also supporting a culture of agility, entrepreneurship, and innovation. In addition to gathering and coalescing requirements, the successful candidate will assist in broader project and portfolio management activities. This may include requirements consolidation, vendor engagement through request for information/request for proposal processes, process mapping, field mapping, and other duties as requested.
· Identify and clearly document business unit requirements.
· Analyze firm functions, processes, activities, and systems to improve their performance and/or effectiveness.
· Determine the most useful business solutions for the firm.
· Recommend alternative solutions to best meet the firm's goals.
· Work closely and collaboratively with leadership and key business stakeholders to identify and solve a variety of business problems.
· Solicit from stakeholders the symptoms of a problem, formally define the problem, break problem into component parts, and gather information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
· Write a description of business needs, business program functions, and steps required to develop or modify an application/system/process.
· Review current capabilities, workflow, scheduling, lifecycle, and other limitations to determine if a program or program change is possible within an existing system (current vs. future state).
· Document requirements in such a way that they may be tested in a standard/repeatable fashion.
· Perform testing of requirements that have been written/documented, to assist with QA.
· Write technical and process documentation and other relevant diagrams and materials.
· Clear obstacles, bird-dog tasks and team member accountability, and escalate issues, as required.
· Drive broad stakeholder engagement and communications.
· Assist with oversight of 3rd party suppliers that are engaged on efforts.
· Consult with other team members regarding project management standards and activities.
· 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst, supporting both application development, infrastructure, and/or security technology initiatives.
· Must have an understanding of and experience with project management methodologies, including iterative development, Agile/Scrum, and structured approaches.
· Must have strong knowledge and experience with MS Project or other project management software (Jira, Redmine, Confluence, GitHub, Version One, Yodiz, SmartSheet, Teams, etc.)
· Experience establishing, documenting and maintaining process information.
· Experience in financial services and regulated environments is preferred.
· Gain a good understanding of the organization’s business goals and objectives.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to create and deliver technical presentations to technical and non-technical staff, and communicating with executive and operational management.
· One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
· PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
· IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
· IIBA Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
· IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
· Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field required.
· Master’s degree preferred.