IT Operations Manager - DC
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for an IT Operations Manager to join a rapidly growing and successful Finance/Real Estate organization!
The successful candidate will direct and manage the day-to-day activities and initiatives of the company’s IT networking and business critical enterprise systems. You will be responsible for assessing system performance, making recommendations for improvements/efficiencies, and assume the role of a major company stakeholder, having a vision and providing direction for the company as they continue to grow their IT environment!
· Direct and manage the day-to-day activities of the company’s network infrastructure and business-critical systems. Assess system performance, recommend improvements, and serve as an internal technical advisor in support of guiding the overall program strategy.
· Directly manage all business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response plans and activities to proactively prevent delays, outages, and incidents.
· Responsible for all employee technology training and educational activities.
· Administer IT Privacy Program and manage all technology privacy protocols.
· Manage the corporate annual IT Operations Budget; control expenses and proactively develop and administer technical roadmaps and project plans.
· Oversee all help-desk operations resolving issues escalated as needed; manage, mentor, and grow internal IT support personnel.
· Uphold meticulous recordkeeping practices, inventorying all data, information, and equipment ensuring that documentation is preserved in accordance with policy and regulation.
· With oversight, proactively identify, plan, deploy, and document required security patches and system upgrades, configurations, or new systems to improve the Company’s technology program management, training and overall administration.
· Support the overall governance of the company’s IT program focusing on protecting the firm’s information assets to enable the consistent availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information.
· Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline is required. MIS degree a plus.
· Required minimum of seven years of hands-on experience and knowledge of corporate computer servers, computers, and network administration, managing technical teams designing, maintaining, and deploying endpoints, systems, applications, and network devices.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience applying a technology governance framework (i.e. NIST), and strong experience and professional certifications in Information Security (IS) and project management is preferred. Experience in financial services compliance standards a plus.
· Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required, along with enthusiasm and flexibility to thrive in a client-facing atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth.
· Must be hands-on and can successfully work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, complex professional business environment with the ability to prioritize and successfully work on concurrent projects/tasks.
· Must have the ability to interpret technology regulations, policies, standards, and guidelines, and to translate and memorialize mandates into realistic and practical business applications.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interpret and articulate mandates.
· Possess a combination of substantive leadership experience, self-motivation, and self-confidence to effectively engage with and earn the trust and confidence of senior management.