Manager of Fund Accounting – Private Equity Leader
The Fund Accounting Manager is a newly opened opportunity to join an independent investment management firm with over 600 internal employees and 12 offices across the US, Europe, and Asia. This role will be remote initially and company will be open to offering relocation financial support upon requiring return to work from the office. Based out of the company’s Baltimore corporate office, the Fund Accounting Manager will lead a team and gain broad experience within the investment industry as well as to a variety of alternative fund operations. In addition to offering a competitive compensation plan ranging to $140,000 and world class benefits, this is a unique opportunity to join a market leading strategic advisory investment firm in a role which will specifically allow for expedited career growth and opportunities for advancement. Ideal candidates should have related exposure to financial services industry including experience with either hedge fund, fund to fund, or PE fund accounting whether through public accounting or direct. CPA and experience in Public Accounting is strongly preferred, and this is an excellent opportunity for an individual currently working in public accounting to transition into an industry leader.
Fund Accounting Manager Job Description
- Manage review of monthly NAVs of multiple pooled asset funds, including hedge funds, fund of fund and PE funds.
- Monthly and quarterly investors reporting, facilitate year-end financial statements and tax reporting and legal/compliance filings.
- Communicate with Fund Managers and Investor Relations personnel
- Responsible for the reconciliation of investor accounts and investor data between shadow accounting files, independent administrator files and internal accounting systems
- Responsible for communications with fund administrators and auditors
- Manage and organize fund performance data, presentations, monthly letters, etc.
- Maintain contact with client teams and PMs throughout the firm.
- Facilitate regulatory filings.
- Oversee launch and closure of funds.
- Work with other operations teams at the firm to ensure accurate reporting of client balances.
Fund Accounting Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or related course of study.
- At least three (3) to six (6) years of experience in public accounting and/or investment accounting preferred
- CPA License preferred
- Experience with fund accounting and NAV reporting required.
- Experience overseeing direct staff with excellent leadership aptitude.