Manager of Technical Accounting
The Manager of Technical Accounting is a newly opened opportunity to join an award winning publicly traded industry leading company recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. As a key member of the corporate accounting organization, this individual will be responsible for preparation of accounting memos, assisting in the implementation of new accounting standards, and working directly with external auditors to ensure controls testing and procedures are met. This opportunity will be based out of the company’s corporate office based in the Washington DC area however will be initially remote until returning to office full time. The Manager of Technical Accounting position will offer a highly competitive compensation package including a base salary range of $130,000 to $170,000, a 15% annual target bonus, and excellent benefits. Candidates should have 8 or more years of progressive career experience including public accounting, extensive experience working with large publicly traded organizations, and a strong expertise with technical accounting and SEC financial reporting matters.
Job Description – Manager of Technical Accounting
- Responsible for the preparation of technical accounting memos on issues using various tools to research authoritative accounting guidance in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Responsible for assisting in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Work directly with external auditors and serve as point of contact with the internal audit team with assisting them with test of controls, interim procedures, quarterly reviews and year-end audits. Help to ensure support schedules are accurate and provided to the auditors timely.
- Assisting with due diligence and purchase accounting analysis & technical memos for business combinations,
- Coordinating with third party valuation experts on valuations including goodwill, business combinations and others.
- Research, evaluate and manage the implementation of new accounting standards as required
- Lead research and documentation of key technical matters and issues to support quarterly and annual filings
- Involved in the preparation of financial statements and related footnotes.
- Preparation of other filings, such as international statutory financial statements as needed
- Serve as a key liaison with external and internal auditors, including reviewing technical matters, policies and other critical accounting issues
- Assist and the internal audit function with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as needed.
- Assist the integration efforts of newly acquired businesses in identifying accounting process flows, relevant internal controls and accounting policies
- Prepare and provide training sessions to stakeholders on a variety of accounting topics including SOX related topics as needed
- Ensure accurate presentation of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC rules, as well as presentation with other public releases of financial data
Job Requirements - Manager of Technical Accounting
- 8 or more years of progressive career experience working with large publicly traded organizations.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience with SEC client focus
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP guidelines, SEC reporting requirements and auditor methodologies
- Able to work onsite in company’s corporate office including meeting vaccination requirements.