Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Location : Richmond, VA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Veritas Partners is currently looking for an Underwriter for a client in Richmond, VA. The right candidate will be responsible for the underwriting of manual loans or the validation of automated findings on government loans (FHA and VA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Receive daily loans for underwriting that have been assigned by the Regional Underwriting Manager
- Maintain responsibility for the underwriting of manual loans or the validation of automated findings on government loans (FHA and VA)
- Prioritize Collateral Underwriter conditions, and newly submitted loans to meet the required turn-around time, acting on a minimum (if volume is present) of 100 loans monthly
- Maintain full delegation with FHA Direct Endorsement and VA Automatic with LAPP approval
- Indicate the conditions and approvals and enter the information into Loan system
- Act and approve all appraisals and complete the FHA Conditional Commitment
- Review and make decisions on bond loans and conventional loans from various investors and be proficient with all guidelines
- Upon rejection of a loan, notify the branch of their recommendation and submit the loan to the Regional Underwriting Manager for an in-depth second review
- At least 1 year of experience with FHA/DE loans.
Required Qualifications :