Mortgage Underwriter - Remote
· Analyzes mortgage loan files, which includes customer’s application, income documentation, appraisal and title reports, to ensure compliance with the company's policies, as well as, state and federal regulations.
· Analyzes loan attributes and documentation for soundness and accuracy.
· Analyzes loan applications to identify any risk issues
· Evaluates overall income, credit and equity of each loan application.
· Communicates with customers, team members and management on outstanding requirements and conditions, as well as, the status of each loan application.
· Analyzes appraisals (including FHA, under DE program and SAR under VA program, Portfolio Jumbo). Reviews the fees appraiser’s reports for completeness and conformity with industry-accepted appraisal practices and techniques as well as all other Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Veterans Administration (VA) requirements. Determines the reasonable value of the property and any conditions which must be met prior to VA guaranty of the loan.
· Knowledge of FHA Streamline and VA IRRLS
· FHA DE Designation (CHUMS#) Preferred
· VA SAR/LAP and USDA experience a plus
· A minimum of 3 years FHA Underwriting experience as a DE
· Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of all federal and state guidelines
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Proficiency in paperless loan processing