Our client is a well-established commercial real estate finance company that spans the US. They are currently looking for experienced Multifamily Agency Underwriters join their team in multiple potential locations – NYC, Boston and Los Angeles.
Seeking Underwriters with 3+ years of commercial underwriting experience with large loans -- GSE multifamily experience is required. The Underwriter's primary responsibilities will be to provide day-to-day financial, market, and underwriting analysis of multifamily loans.
The position requires prior DUS underwriting experience with extensive familiarity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Guides.
- Analyze, interpret, and underwrite complex multifamily real estate transactions in compliance with respective agency guidelines (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
- Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions
- Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with origination and closing departments and external agency investors
- Conduct comprehensive inspections of physical real-estate assets on an as-needed basis
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or other related fields
- 3-5+ years commercial underwriting experience with large loans -- GSE multifamily experience
- Prior DUS underwriting experience with extensive familiarity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Guides
- Highly developed analytical, research and written/oral presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision