Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Network Administrator to join our team on a HYBRID basis in the northern Baltimore County, MD area!
Responsibilities include planning and designing the network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions; troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems. Analyzes capacity issues and develops capacity planning models. Responsible for the development and implementation of network security initiatives based on best practices with direct collaboration with the company’s network security expert. Provides technical support to various departments and users with regard to the network. Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a technical discipline (Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Computer Security, etc.)
· 5+ years network engineering/administration experience
· Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to support users and network equipment in person and with remote administration tools
· Available off-hours periodically to support high impact projects and perform network maintenance
· Proven strong technical troubleshooting abilities
· Must have the ability to multitask and work well independently
· Ability to diagram and inventory the network and associated resources
· Understanding of network security, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures
· Knowledge of VoIP environments
· Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
· Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
· Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers/switches and firewalls.
· Knowledge of Palo Alto NGFW solutions.
· Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Splunk, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Carbon Black, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG and NMAP.
Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including:
· firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAT.
· Familiarity with Unix systems
Not required however considered a plus:
· Security Plus with CE
Responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of the global network.
· Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
· Network System Design and Implementation: Designs and implements network systems.
· Network Installation: Plans and monitors the installation of network systems.
· Network Monitoring: Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
· Capacity Planning: Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develops capacity planning models.
· Disaster Recovery: Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
· Network Performance Assessment: Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
· Performs moderate to complex engineering, implementation and maintenance tasks on the network under minimal supervision
· Responsible for the on-going assessment and upgrade of networks.
· Collects and analyzes data network statistics.
· Researches, evaluates and recommends hardware and software.
Troubleshoots network problems
· Network Connectivity: Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
· Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
· Develops relationships with vendors and investigates sources of equipment and services.
· Reviews contracts and maintains close contact with existing vendors of equipment and services.
· Coordinates with vendors on the installation of hardware such as routers, bridges and switches.