Network & Systems Admin - Greenwood, DE
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Network & Systems Administrator to join our team in the greater Greenwood, DE area! (Eastern Shore)
The successful Network & Systems Administrator will work to ensure the stable operation of the Cooperative’s computer and network systems.
This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all servers, storage devices, databases, local and wide area network hardware/software, and communication links. The Network and System Administrator will analyze and resolve network, server and pc issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. Provide system support and maintenance to servers, personal computers, printers, applications, phones etc. to meet current needs of the Cooperative.
· Assists with annual work plan and makes budget recommendations as appropriate for systems and networking. Participates with Technology Manager in the development of departmental long and short-range plans.
· Keeps Microsoft and network certifications and related appropriate training current.
· Designs and implements disaster recovery and business continuity plans for operating systems, databases, networks, servers and software applications.
· Plans and performs server and network related hardware and software upgrades to minimize downtime..
· Monitor system capacity to determine its affect on performance and recommend/deploy enhancements to meet new or changing network and system demands.
· Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
· Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network and system administration and appropriate use.
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
· Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure hardware and software products and services.
o Education: Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as computer science or engineering. Each additional year of experience may substitute for one year of education.
o Experience: Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in areas of personal computers, systems equipment installation, service and repair and network communications installation, service and repair.
o Knowledge: Must have a working knowledge of computer systems, network equipment and applications. Working experience with Windows, Unix and Linux server operating systems. Working experience with Cisco and Palo Alto routers, switches and firewalls. A working knowledge of system software currently used by the Cooperative is desired. A working knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls is necessary.