Paralegal (Commercial Real Estate) – Long Island NY
Our client is a well-established commercial real estate finance group that spans the US. They are currently seeking an experienced Paralegal to join their team in Long Island.
Ideally seeking at 3+ years of experience in a Legal Assistant or Paralegal capacity with exposure and/or direct experience handling commercial real estate transactional law.
The Paralegal will be responsible for working on various legal transactions specific to the closing of Commercial Real Estate mortgage loans – both assisting the REIT Legal Operations department in completing tasks and completing a number of critical projects end-to-end both individually and as part of a larger group.
The Paralegal will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Draft, revise, assemble and distribute loan and mortgage assignment documents as part of the Legal Operations Transaction department; tracking receipt of same.
- Prepare and obtain signature pages to documents and transmit documents to third parties.
- Create, maintain and review deal files for Transactional Group held both in house and with third party custodians.
- Drafting correspondence letters and distribution of same, document imaging and uploading documents to a share file cloud system.
- Assist with due diligence review by attorneys.
- The majority of work will be through email and telephone dealing with various departments and outside counsels.