Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Platform Engineer – Cloud Automation and Governance!
The successful candidate will manage foundational cloud tools such as AWS and Gitlab.com. We rely heavily on automation to ensure consistent and efficient operations to support a growing and in-demand environment. Our goal is to provide a scalable, developer-friendly experience while maintaining a secure, auditable environment. We work closely with the various security, audit, compliance, and workload teams around the organization to consistently improve the security and experience and seek out new improvements. We have a strong focus on team cohesiveness and tackling issues as a team.
The Cloud Automation and Governance team manages all access, onboarding, security controls and guardrails, and the processes and technologies that we require to perform that function. We provide a crucial service that places a high emphasis on freedom of movement by the users consuming our services.
As a Platform Engineer on the Cloud Automation and Governance team, your role is to support developers from across the organization in using cloud tooling and to participate in the development of new automation with the rest of the team. This includes supporting the various processes that involve AWS Account provisioning and configuration, user access to various tools across the organization and administration of various SaaS products. In addition, you will be involved in the design, creation, and implementation of automated processes and architectures; working with the rest of the Cloud Automation and Governance team to achieve our vision of the ideal platform.
· Support developers in their use of AWS by creating AWS accounts, creating/updating permissions, enforcing a uniform security baseline, and other aspects of AWS management
· Support developers in their use of Gitlab.com by creating groups, creating/updating permissions, integrating with enterprise tools, and other aspects of Gitlab.com management
· Design and develop automations to deliver services to developers faster and more consistently
· Design and develop self-service offerings so developers can access our cloud platforms directly without a dependency on the Cloud Automation and Governance team
· Provide operational support for the cloud platforms managed by the Cloud Automation and Governance team
· Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment.
· Minimum of a 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience with AWS
· Experience with CloudFormation and/or Terraform
· Strong Python skills
· Experience with CICD technologies (e.g. Gitlab, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
· Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment