Portfolio Manager – Long Island
Our client is a well-established financial institution that spans the Mid-Atlantic. They are currently seeking an experienced commercial portfolio manager to join their team in Long Island.
Qualified candidates should have at least five to seven years of experience in a commercial credit underwriting capacity, lending or portfolio management. Formal credit training strongly preferred. The incumbent will handle a blend of new deals, renewals, modifications, annual reviews, client interaction and more.
Other qualifications include:
- Demonstrated experience with financial statement / cash flow analysis and financial ratios; experience underwriting moderate to complex credit facilities
- Strong knowledge of commercial lending with understanding of federal banking regulations and commercial lending policies, procedures, practices, and techniques
- Monitor the credit quality of diverse loan portfolios consisting of owner occupied real estate, working capital and revolving lines of credit, as well as performance of each credit
- Approves middle market credit requests within assigned authority; prepare underwriting analysis and credit offering memo; recommend requests that exceed credit quality to Team Leader for approval
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of loan request; submit application to Credit Analysts for initial credit review as necessary