Product Manager (Software Application Development)
US market leader has a newly created Product Manager position which will lead a newly created Software Applications team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and industry leading organization consistently recognized as one of the top employers to work in the Baltimore region. The Product Manager will function as a Senior level leader in a small Agile team and play a multi-faceted and essential role in overseeing the implementation and continued development of a new application critical to company-wide business processes. The Product Manager – Software Application Development will offer a compensation range up to the $160,000 range as well as excellent benefits. Candidate’s whom meet the below experience and criteria are encouraged to apply immediately.
Product Manager - Job Description
- Partner with business relationship managers, enterprise architects, 3rd party vendors, and business process stakeholders to ensure the applications meet short- and long-term needs of the organization from functional and technical perspectives
- Help define the product approach and strategy and create associated documentation
- Translate the product strategy into clearly prioritized user stories and business requirements
- Lead the development and maintenance of a product backlog, short and long-term product roadmaps with milestones and key metrics.
- Own and manage the short and long-term roadmap for software application
- Act as primary technical point of contact for 3rd party vendor solutions
- Work with the development and infrastructure teams, to develop consistent release schedule and manage stakeholder expectations
- Lead/support team throughout the SDLC to ensure accurate, timely delivery of prioritized product releases
- Interface with other departments as needed to collect required information and understand customer experience
- Own the Product backlog and manage the feature development on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction outlined by the Software Applications Director
- Build, manage and groom product backlogs through prioritization and negotiation with key stakeholders.
- Champion Agile methodology to continually develop the application.
- Validate that the recommended solution aligns with business goals and objectives
- Evaluate the impact and risk related to requested changes
- Support development and monitor the progress of the activities assigned to the development team
- Ensure proper production release procedures are followed
- Inspire a culture of continuous learning and adoption of digital and emerging technologies. Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, innovative thinking and use of technology, and high level of quality.
Product Manager - Job Requirements
- 5+ years as a product manager for corporate/business software applications
- BA degree
- 7+ years of combined professional experience related to product management including prior experience working as a business or systems analyst preferred
- Strong Agile methodology experience within software development applications
- Experience with 3rd party business applications in general. Azure Dev Ops experience a plus.
- Experience building, managing user stories, grooming product backlogs, prioritization, estimation, building epics and release scoping
- Experience working a data-driven environment, managing KPIs to ensure goals are established and met
- Expertise working with internal technical groups and 3rd party vendors
- Knowledge of SDLC including ITIL, Waterfall and Agile methodologies