Client University is using a leading ERP solution for the Higher Education market and integrating it with other applications to manage its online education business. As part of the continued support of these complex implementations and to support upcoming strategic projects, Client University is looking for an experienced and detail oriented Quality Assurance Analyst possessing excellent written and oral communication skills, can work well independently and has strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The analyst will be responsible for testing external and internal systems and ensuring that user and quality requirements are satisfied to specification. As a member of our software engineering team the Analyst will be responsible for implementing and supporting the company’s student information system solution. The ideal candidate is familiar with configuration management best practices, Agile development cycles, Linux environments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Design and develop functional, stress and performance test scripts/cases plans and suites, including the ability to define success criteria, based on functional requirements.
· Develop and maintain test inventories, manual test scripts, and test data for manual functional and regression test execution.
· Maintain existing test frameworks.
· Provide analytical metrics of data validation results and provide input for improvement
· Provide technical support for test planning, preparation, and execution of multiple test events
· Participate in planning activities, review stories and features and provide estimates
· Execute test cases for applications including integration, load, performance (functional and transactional between systems), and regression
· Verify results on supported platforms
· Perform database queries to identify and validate test data
· Database testing using SQL queries
· Assist with data set up for test automation and perform validation of test results.
· Review data flow across multiple systems
· Report and track defects, and work closely with Developers in defect resolution
· Assist IT Engineers/Administrators to troubleshoot issues during and after launches
· Work with business users to perform UAT and analyze results.
· Support escalation point for client reported issues/defects and work with engineering team to determine root cause, verify available work arounds, and communicate a resolution
· Participate in peer reviews of tests, project artifacts and provided feedback using standards.
· Analyze test results, report defects, and track defects until closure.
· Assist with preparing and reconciling defect metrics (e.g., density, severity, etc.).
· Analyze the resolution of software defects to serve as input to plans for retesting.
· Assist Test AnalystsEngineers with the development and maintenance of the test framework (standards, checklists, toolset).
Knowledge Skills And Abilities Required:
· 3+ years software quality assurance testing and/or development experience
· 2+ years creating and executing test plans and test scripts
· 2+ years web based application or Mobile testing
· 2+ years Salesforce CRM testing
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills including effective oral and written communication
· Communicating product readiness, level of quality, and results to the project team.
· Proven ability to review specifications and documentation
· Strong understanding of all aspects of the QA role, and all areas of application testing
· Strong XML, HTML and SQL experience (Oracle preferred)
· Capacity for attending to details
· Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelors with emphasis on CS, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and testing Web Services
- Strong Windows background with some Unix
- Experience with defect tracking systems and other software life cycle management tools
- Experience with Azure DevOps
· Willingness to work core US business hours (9am ET – 4pm ET)
· Experience working in an agile-dev environment/structure
· Experience with SaFE is a plus
· Experience with Higher Education is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.