Secondary Marketing Supervisor
Our Washington DC Area client is searching for a Secondary Marketing Supervisor. The Secondary Marketing Supervisor is responsible for developing and administering all secondary market initiatives including being a liaison to investors and working to maintain favorable relationships. This position will work with the mortgage management team on building out and introducing new products. This includes managing product roadmaps, procedures, training, team adoption of new products, etc. This position will supervise the rate lock desk, shipping, and post-closing area to ensure our relationship between the bank and the investors are maintained and our margins on loans sold meet the requirements set.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (Other Duties May Be Assigned.)
· Collaborate with other department heads to innovate on the mortgage origination process, procure and implement new technologies, and streamline workflows to improve turn-times and lower cost to originate.
· Ensure daily and Intraday rate changes are performed timely to maintain profit margin set by the bank
· The Secondary Marketing Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of pricing, loan locking, and delivery.
· This person will be involved in all aspects of managing the loan production pipeline to ensure loans are produced, shipped, and delivered in an efficient manner.
· Perform analysis and assessment regarding contractual obligations, contingent risks, as well as mark to market and stress testing.
· Maintains an understanding and competency with respect to software and other systems required to perform the duties of the position including Optimal Blue, Calyx Point banker version, Horizon, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.
· Provide expertise and serves as a resource to all loan officers regarding common practices for lock-in policies and procedures in the mortgage banking industry.
· Maintain rate lock policies and procedures
· Maintain mortgage product descriptions for all departments in the mortgage area, to include all overlays
· Second level of mortgage related wire requests
· Track, monitor and issue letters for first payment and letters of sale of loans
· Responsible for monthly production and profit reports
· Support mortgage lenders with pricing scenarios and questions
· Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university or minimum 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
· Experience in financial and mortgage services.
· Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
· Experience working with secondary market investors
· Highly developed math skills