Senior Accountant - Annapolis, MD
The Senior Accountant is a newly created opportunity within a publicly traded industry leading organization within the renewable energy investment sector. This is an opportunity to join one of the first publicly traded companies dedicated to investments in climate change solutions within energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. The Senior Accountant role will work within a growing team based at the corporate headquarters responsible for all aspects of corporate accounting including SEC reporting, financial statement analysis, and accounting close. In addition to excellent benefits and career mobility, this position will offer a base salary to $90,000 based on experience plus a competitive bonus. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with 2 or more years of public accounting experience to transition into one of the regions most respected organizations dedicated to climate-positive investments with over $5B in assets under management.
Senior Accountant – Job Description
- Prepare financial statements in compliance with US GAAP.
- Participate in all aspects of the preparation of the quarterly Form 10-Q and annual 10-K filings with the SEC and other required SEC filings.
- Complete GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Preparation of disclosure schedules for SEC filings and ESG reporting
- Serving as a key liaison with our external and internal auditors for responding to document requests and managing audit timelines
- Participation in month-end close process
- Complete and review XBRL tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Be integral to contributing to the operating effectiveness of our compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (404) internal controls environment.
- Provide financial statement analysis in support of financial operations.
- Review, research, interpret and provide technical support on accounting issues to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, and SEC regulations.
Senior Accountant – Job Requirements
- 2 or more years of experience in public accounting with publicly traded SEC client exposure
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Active CPA license holder or candidate for CPA license
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required
- Industry exposure within investment, energy, or financial services industries experience is preferred