Senior Accountant - Private Equity
Due to company growth, this Senior Accountant position is an opportunity to join an industry leading Private Equity Investment firm headquartered in the Baltimore area. As a key member of the company’s Finance team, the Senior Accountant position will offer a compensation range between $85,000 and $95,000 plus excellent benefits, personal time off, and additional incentives. In addition to growth and market leadership, the company is known for providing an entrepreneurial atmosphere within a rewarding team culture. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the company Controller and provide the opportunity to gain experience within back-office investment, financial, and corporate accounting experience. Ideal candidates should have 2 to 5 years’ experience including public accounting experience. Company is currently working in an all remote environment and will offer a flexible work from home policy when the office reopens.
- Assist in the preparation of capital call notices and draft email notifications for Controller and Assistant Controller review
- Prepare calculations for LP requests for fee exposure for Controller and Assistant Controller review, as they are received.
- Prepare year-to-date or inception-to-date records for LP requests for Controller and Assistant Controller review, as they are received.
- Prepare calculations of late admit interest allocations for Controller and Assistant Controller review
- Assist in the preparation of distribution allocation calculations and wire files.
- Work with Controller and Tax Director to determine any withholding required.
- Assist in the posting of Capital Account Statements, Reports and Schedule K-1s to LP Portal.
- Prepare allocation files to split legal and operational expense bills across the applicable fund base for Controller and Assistant Controller review
- Assist to facilitate the LP transfer process including coordination between the LP and our internal and external legal counsels.
- Assist in the completion of LP audit confirmations using specified response language, creating capital account statements for specific year-end audits where applicable.
- 2-3 plus years of experience within Public accounting
- Private Equity Industry or Investment Accounting experience preferred either through public accounting or direct fund accounting. Not required.
- Strong attention to detail and experience with financial statement analysis