Senior Accountant SEC Reporting
The Senior Accountant is a newly created opportunity to join an award winning global professional services organization based in Baltimore at the company’s headquarters. This role will focus on a variety of financial reporting functions including annual SEC filings. Recognized as a top workplace in both 2019 and 2020, this is a unique opportunity to join a multi-faceted growing organization and gain expertise within corporate financial reporting, technical accounting, and SEC reporting. The Senior Accountant position will offer a competitive base salary up to $90,000 plus annual bonus and excellent benefits and career mobility. Candidates should have three plus years of experience including SEC reporting whether through public accounting clients or internal. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with direct Big 4 public accounting management experience to jump start their career within a leading company dedicated to employee development.
Senior Accountant – Job Description
- Support all aspects of financial reporting, both internal and external including SEC filing preparation.
- prepare quarterly and annual filings using Workiva and maintain appropriate supporting documentation in accordance with SOX.
- Responsible for preparing the monthly internal management financial reporting packages and provide subject-matter expertise and support technical accounting matters.
- Prepare quarterly, annual and periodic SEC filings in Workiva.
- Research and maintain schedule of all new accounting pronouncements and impact to the business units.
- Prepare monthly internal management reports using financial reporting software and perform quarterly financial statement analysis.
- Implement process improvements to streamline financial statement preparation by leveraging automated tools, enhance processes, and ensure internal controls are performed.
- Interact with business leaders on financial analysis, research business unit financial investigations, and support in the preparation of material regarding annual Budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning.
Senior Accountant – Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3 or more years of progressive responsibility in accounting and financial reporting, experience working for a Big 4 company preferred.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, internal controls, and financial reporting