The Senior Accountant is a newly opened opportunity to join an independent investment management firm with over 700 internal employees and 12 offices across the US, Europe, and Asia. This role will be remote initially and company will be open to offering partial work from home flexibility upon requiring return to work from the office. Based out of the company’s Baltimore state of art corporate office, the Senior Accountant has been created due to internal growth and is designed to allow for rewarding career development and opportunities for advancement within the corporate accounting function of a global industry leader. This opportunity will offer a competitive base salary compensation to $95,000 plus 10-15% annual bonus and excellent benefits.
Ideal candidates should have 3 or more years of experience with exposure in financial services industry a plus whether direct or through public accounting. This is an excellent opportunity for early career public accounting candidates to transition into a market leading organization dedicated to employee development.
Senior Accountant Job Description
- Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, performing variance analysis and preparing monthly internal financial reporting for senior leadership and external financial reporting.
- Perform financial statement analysis including preparation of executive dashboards and schedules to illustrate business activity in current and prior months and analyze financial information to prepare general ledger entries and comparison to budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare year-end financial statements for U.S. subsidiary entities.
- Prepare regulatory reporting, supporting schedules and monthly/quarterly tie-outs for U.S. entities.
- Support various financial statement audits through preparation of PBC items, performing walk-throughs, and preparing financial statements and related notes.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc month end journal entries, prepare and maintain monthly schedules used for financial statement audits.
- Prepare legal entity financial forecasts for income statement, balance sheet and cash flows.
- Prepare and record corporate allocation journal entries and intercompany balance activities.
- Review of accounts payable transactions for accurate GL coding and review third party payments.
- Complete variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Perform analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes to general ledger accounts.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including business unit, department, and executive leadership.
- Assist with internal and external board meeting presentations and supporting schedules.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist in the research and implementation of new accounting standards and determine the impact to the Company.
Senior Accountant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or related course of study.
- At least three years of experience in public accounting or completion of two busy seasons
- Prior exposure to Private Equity or related financial services industry whether direct or through public accounting clients.
- CPA License or track preferred.
- Ability to work in an office location based on business needs and ability to comply with company COVID-19 vaccination policy