Senior Auditor - Global Publicly Traded Manufacturer!
This is a new created Senior Corporate Auditor within an award-winning global manufacturing leader based in the company’s corporate headquarters in Baltimore. This position will serve as a key member of the audit department and gain exposure to various company departments while providing valuable guidance to improve and enhance internal controls environment and business processes. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, high growth industry leading company which had been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America. The Senior Auditor position will offer a base salary range between $80,000 to $100,000, annual performance bonus, highly competitive benefits package, as well as exceptional career development.
Corporate Senior Auditor – Job Description
- Conduct financial, operational, and compliance audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Perform SOX-related testing, evaluating and concluding on key financial, application and operational controls in accordance with industry standards
- Document deficiencies and collaborate with management to develop appropriate action plans
- Prepare detailed work papers that document the testing performed and sufficiently support the related conclusions, and review the work performed by other staff team members.
- Perform follow-up reviews to determine if appropriate corrective action, as indicated by management in response to audit recommendations, was implemented and functioning as intended.
- Support management in the development/maintenance of the audit plan and SOX controls framework. Develop risk assessment for various audit areas.
- Partner with company business unit leadership to gain deeper insight into channel operations to identify and document areas of risks.
- Serve as a key member of the department and be exposed to many stages of the audit process, which includes planning, testing and reporting.
- Assist with both risk-based audits or projects and Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Recommend appropriate process improvements, enhancements to existing policies and controls, and issue remediation plans to management.
Corporate Senior Auditor – Job Requirements
- 4+ years' experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience and/or highly related experience within a publicly traded company experience
- BA, CPA or CIA preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations, and best practices.
- Experience within related industry