Senior Director of Finance – Growing Global BioTech Leader!
Due to rapid expansion and growth, specialized international life sciences/biotech company has a newly created Director of Finance, Planning & Analysis opportunity based outside the Washington/Baltimore region. This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning organization with over 2000 employees across 15 countries devoted to improving the world’s social and public health through its products and vaccines. The Director of Finance role will offer a highly competitive compensation package exceeding $200,000 as well as excellent benefits and career mobility. Candidates with exceptional career tracks meeting the below experience and requirements are encouraged to apply immediately.
Job Summary - Senior Director of Finance
- Serve as the lead Finance Business Partner to the organizations fastest growing business unit overseeing financial modeling, analytics and presentation preparation.
- Oversee the preparation and review of the financial results, present financials to the leadership team, lead the preparation and review of forecasts and budgets, monitoring and raising flags to leadership for areas of focus.
- Provide strategic consulting through identifying areas of improvement and opportunity to improve business value and performance through insightful analysis, positioning to senior management and at times developing and implementing action plans.
- Partner with division leadership on providing proactive, data-driven advice that influences investment decisions. Develop cost/benefit analysis for decision making on critical decision making.
- Support other related FP&A activities such as potentially systems implementation, Contract Manufacturing Operations, and general Financial Planning & Analysis responsibilities.
- Create a range of performance analytics and KPIs both traditional and beyond to benchmark key growth and profit drivers.
- Collaborate between both division leadership and corporate finance on evaluating performance results, forecasting, and risk analysis to determine most complete and accurate recommendations on future financial results.
- Provide insightful reporting for stakeholders at various levels/areas of the company through connecting data from past and current with future expectations for key value drivers.
- Serve as a liaison with the rest of finance to ensure that the division maintains the appropriate support levels on operational transactions, accounting positions, and other issues that arise.
- Be willing and able to effective partner with key customers and vendors who support the Business Unit and become part of the relationship management team, whether informally or formally.
- Provide financial guidance with contract negotiations on key customer contracts, RFPs, supplier contracts, and other general business functions by providing analysis.
- Manage the long-term FP&A functions including planning beyond 5 years for your business unit.
- Provide guidance and analysis for M&A financial modeling and analytics. Work with Corporate Development teams to identify and evaluate potential issues inherent in deals and the long-term impact to the organization.
- Help lead the integration of new businesses acquired related to your business unit.
- Support continuously improvement objects related to business systems to deliver faster and more reliable data.
Target Requirements - Senior Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related major required;
- MBA or CPA is strongly recommended
- 10 or more years’ experience in a financial and/or analytical role.
- Industry experience within Biotech/pharma or directly related preferred
- Experience working in a matrixed environment is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present complex information to Senior Management. (including the ability to professionally challenge senior leaders on assumptions and present opinions)
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, matrix environment