Senior Financial Accountant
Due to rapid expansion and growth, specialized international life sciences/biotech company has a newly created Senior Financial Accountant opportunity. This is an exception opportunity to join an award-winning organization with over 2000 employees across 15 countries devoted to improving the world’s social and public health through its products and vaccines. Additionally, company has been acknowledged as one of the fastest growing companies in the Washington/Baltimore region, fastest growing companies in the life sciences industry globally, and recently awarded as a top workplace in multiple business journals. This position will be fully remote due to Covid and will also offer remote work flexibility long term. The Senior Financial Accountant role will offer a highly competitive compensation package including a base salary ranging from $80,000 to $100,000 plus 10% target annual bonus as well as excellent benefits and career mobility. This is an ideal opportunity for exceptional early career candidates with public accounting experience ready to transition into a leading corporation.
Job Summary – Senior Financial Accountant
- Support in a variety of accounting and financial functions for the companies R&D and manufacturing operation including supporting accounting close, financial reporting, cost accounting, financial analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in monthly close process, prepare and enter journal entries which include completing appropriate documentation and supporting work orders
- Completion of budgetary, month-end, and ongoing cost accounting processes including accounting for cost of goods sold, manufacturing variances, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the interrelationships between the inventory/manufacturing process and the SAP accounting system
- Prepare detailed month-end general ledger account reconciliations for required accounts
- Perform analysis and prepare reports for management as needed
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly forecast process
- Participate in annual budgeting process to include overhead budgeting, as well as activity price setting and standard costing
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Apply general accounting principles in the preparation and analysis of financial information
- Provide pre-audit and audit support
- Participate in or lead special projects as required
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and cost center management reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual schedules
- Analyze and investigate variances and prepare reconciliation vs. budget, actual, forecast and prior year’s results
Target Requirements - Senior Financial Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related major required;
- CPA or progress towards is strongly recommended
- 3-5 years’ experience, preferably with some exposure to manufacturing, healthcare, pharma, biotech, or related industries whether direct or through public accounting clients.
- Prior experience in Public Accounting highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of GAAP and SOX