Senior IT Project Manager
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Senior PMO IT Project Manager in the greater Laurel. MD area! The successful candidate will demonstrate an expertise in PC, server hardware, network application software, core processing, and PC/Server-based applications in support of the company’s operations. The Senior PMO IT Project Manager provides direction and assistance to the team as needed to ensure effective and efficient support of the enterprise application environment. This includes participation and support of strategic IT projects and goals, and the integration of key business systems.
· Supports the Department Manager in coordinating the daily operations of the PMO department -includes helping to prioritize tasks and determine work assignments of PMO Project Managers.
· Provides guidance to PMO Project Managers in conducting project management activities, focusing primarily on IT related projects.
· Provides technical support for projects in support of company requirements, evaluating options, and developing project plans to ensure appropriate coordination and sequencing of tasks – includes coordinating and/or directing the installation and testing of software programs and releases across multiple departments.
· Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and project scope. Minimizes the company’s exposure and risk on each project.
· Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
· For Business Continuity Planning purposes, assists business partners in recovery planning and recovery plan development/enhancements.
· Understands the various phases of the Project Lifecycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Closing and Monitoring. Works with the project team to develop and maintain the applicable deliverables for each phase of the project from inception to closing.
· Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and develops presentations to communicate recommendations on complex topics to Senior Management.
· Partners with the lines of business to plan new systems and to determine the feasibility and cost of delivering new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
· Provides project management leadership for major IT efforts. Tracks issues, risks, decisions made as they relate to project scope, timelines and dependencies.
· Creates and executes project work plans and revises as authorized to meet changing needs and requirements.
Maintains documentation that reflects any changes to scope, timelines, milestones and deliverables.
· Effectively manages project scope(s), communications and prioritization of milestones and tasks for multiple projects.
· Provides input to project team(s) to drive informed decision making and accountability.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in an information systems or information security related field; 5 to 8 years of relevant IT work experience. Experience to include successfully demonstrating knowledge of the financial services industry, products, services and operations supported by technology solutions. Successful project management or team leader experience in the information technology field is required. Knowledge of project management techniques and tools, direct work experience in a project management capacity and basic knowledge of networking strategies and concepts.
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required or the ability to obtain the PMP certification within 12 months of hire.
§ Possess expertise in Microsoft Office applications (certification is a plus).
§ Possess strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
§ Able to discuss and describe technical problems in simple terms to internal/external audiences.
§ Able to prioritize tasks and provide direction and guidance to PMO Project Managers on problem resolution.
§ Possess great interpersonal skills in managing team members and vendors.
§ Able to effectively and professionally communicate (verbal and oral) and collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of the organization as well as with vendors to manage/direct projects.
§ Able to write clear and well-structured reports and business correspondences for a diverse audience.
§ Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
§ Able to take and follow directions with minimal direction.
§ Able to develop comprehensive project and action plans.
§ Able to work productively and professionally under stress.
§ Able to (re) prioritize tasks, complete daily job assignments and organize workload to accommodate competing deadlines.
§ Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
§ Able to facilitate group discussions and gain consensus.
§ Demonstrates skills with project management tools and methodologies