Senior Software Engineer
Veritas Partners has an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer to join our small yet established team of engineers, working closely with data scientists and data engineers, taking their requirements and rapidly turning them into features in our product. The team is responsible for the user experience with our application, from the UI to the database and services (APIs) that back it. We value every team member's time and avoid unnecessary meetings. We love to stay up to date and frequently share something interesting we’ve learned with the rest of the team.
As a senior member of the team you’ll:
· Collaborate with designers and product managers to design new and improve existing features.
· Ship large features and improvements independently.
· Use your experience in the front end to create beautiful user-friendly interfaces while using your backend expertise to craft
· performant, testable APIs.
· Conduct code reviews and advocate for code quality, security, etc.
· You are excited about creating end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the full stack.
· Have experience with Angular or similar frameworks.
· You are comfortable working independently and working across an organization for problem solving.
· You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
· Very experienced in building large user interfaces, taking a feature request from design to fully functional.
· Very experienced in building and designing complex REST APIs.
· Very experienced in SQL and using ORMs for data access.
· Experienced in writing unit tests
Nice to have:
· Experienced in dealing with large datasets
· Experienced in performance optimization
· Experienced designing user interfaces.
· Experienced with microservices
· Typescript (we use it for frontend and backend)
· CSS (we use SCSS)