Senior Tax Accountant – Private Equity Leader
The Senior Tax Accountant is a newly opened opportunity to join an independent investment management firm with over 700 internal employees and 12 offices across the US, Europe, and Asia. This role will be remote initially and company will be open to offering partial work from home flexibility upon requiring return to work from the office. Based out of the company’s Baltimore state of art corporate office, the Senior Tax Accountant has been created due to internal growth and is designed to allow for rewarding career development and opportunities for advancement within the corporate tax function of a global industry leader. This opportunity will offer a competitive base salary compensation to $100,000 plus annual bonus and excellent benefits.
Ideal candidates should have 2 or more years of experience with exposure in partnership taxation whether direct or through public accounting. This is an excellent opportunity for early career public accounting candidates to transition into a market leading organization dedicated to employee development.
Senior Tax Accountant Job Description
· Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of a wide range of tax regulatory filings
· Liaise with the companies Fund Administration team and third-party fund administrators to gather accounting packages, partner allocations, underlying fund K-1s, and investor information needed for the PE funds’ tax preparation.
· Serve as the primary point of contact with external private equity tax service providers.
· Coordinate the preparation and delivery of income tax returns and other statutory filings for funds.
· Coordinate the delivery of 10,000 K-1s.
· Prepare and maintain schedules for K-1 tracking, foreign investor reporting info, stock distributions, partner transfers, state filing information, partner address changes, etc. Coordinate the delivery of K-1s.
· Assist and collaborate as needed with team members from company’s alternative investment products including Venture Capital, Hedge Funds, and Direct Investments.
· Address technical tax matters associated with fund formation, liquidation, and dissolution.
· Coordinate any required tax-related payments with tax service providers and accounts payable team.
· Track and timely address federal and state tax notices received for the feeder funds.
· Conduct tax research and draft memorandum on a variety of tax issues as required.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
Senior Tax Accountant Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or related course of study.
· At least two years of experience in public accounting or completion of two busy seasons
· Prior exposure to Private Equity or related financial services industry whether direct or through public accounting clients.
· CPA License or track preferred.