Veritas Partners has an immediate need for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of an exciting rapid prototype development, where he or she will test an integration effort that will enhance data communications for the U.S. Military!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer to join an established and small engineering company with demonstrated software development expertise and engineering leadership on projects ranging from the latest UHF SATCOM waveforms integrated on tactical radios to commercial smartcards used on the Washington, D.C. Metro.
You will work to develop the next generation data controller software to provide enhanced data communications capabilities and expanded network connectivity over SATCOM and terrestrial tactical radio networks.
The Software Engineer will play a key role in the design and development of our next-generation data controller software, seeing the product through the software development lifecycle. The Software Engineer will support the design, planning, implementation, and testing of the cross-platform software using agile development methodologies.
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code.
· Implement performance and quality modules
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
· Knowledge of the C++11 (or later) standard
· Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
· Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
· Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes
· Familiarity with template programming in C++
· (preferred) Knowledge of low-level threading primitives
· 5+ years’ experience
· Degree in technical field
· Active Secret Clearance, or US Citizen able to obtain clearance.
· East Coast. MD/VA preferred.